Celebrate the Grand Reopening of the famous Zig Zag Railway
Join in the celebration and grand reopening of Zig Zag Railway and help us mark the railway’s 154th birthday on 21 October 2023! It’s been years in the making, and we can’t wait to welcome you and your family and show you our new refreshed look!
On the day you can enjoy:
- ‘Taster rides’ on the famous Zig Zag with 10% off a future full ride
- Zig Zag Railway cafe and coffee cart operating throughout the day
- live music and entertainment for the whole family
- gifts, homewares or a snack from one of our local sellers and producers at the Lyrebird Spring Markets (hosted by ABCD Inc)
- love steam display with a working portable traction steam engine
- Clarence Dargan RFS fleet and sausage sizzle
- heritage bus displays
- Zig Zag Brewery mobile coolroom bar for the over 18s.
What’s a ‘taster ride’ you ask?
To make it possible for as many people to ride with us on the day, we are offering shorter, 45 min trips that give you a taste of the real thing, at a discounted rate.
It will be special though! The trip will feature two locomotives – our familiar steam engine on one end and a beautifully restored diesel engine on the other.
You will travel from Clarence to Top points station, alight for a short history talk before returning to Clarence to enjoy the day’s festivities.
Tickets for taster rides are $27.50 and can be booked online – get in fast as we expect our grand reopening to sell out!
Free shuttle buses