Sydney in the Steamtime
$15.00 inc gst
Author: William Bayley
Embark on an extraordinary journey through the annals of history with the “Sydney in the Steamtime” book. This remarkable tome by renowned railway historian William Bayley is your passport to a bygone era when steam locomotives reigned supreme in the heart of Australia.
- Immerse yourself in the captivating history of Sydney’s steam era, a time when the city’s railway system was in its infancy, and steam trains ruled the tracks.
- Delve into an enchanting collection of archival photographs and illustrations, each a window to a time when the rhythmic chugging of steam engines was the soundtrack of daily life.
- Lose yourself in meticulously researched narratives and captivating stories that unveil the challenges, triumphs, and human stories behind Sydney’s steam-powered revolution.
- Explore Sydney’s historic railway routes with detailed maps and route descriptions, perfect for railway enthusiasts, history buffs, and anyone eager to retrace the footsteps of the past.
- A meticulously crafted account of Sydney’s steam-powered era, making it an invaluable addition to any railway aficionado’s library.
- Over 200 evocative photographs and illustrations that transport you back to the golden age of steam locomotives.
- Comprehensive maps and route guides to aid in planning your own historical exploration of Sydney’s railway heritage.
- A treasure trove of knowledge and insights into the people and events that shaped Sydney’s steam-powered legacy.
About the Author
William Bayley is a distinguished railway historian with a passion for preserving the stories and heritage of Australia’s railways. With a lifetime of experience, his expertise shines through in this comprehensive volume, making it an indispensable addition to any railway enthusiast’s library.